In 1956, 12 grape growers founded the Cantina Sociale di Trento with the explicit goal of making typically regional wines, and improving their economic standing. This beautiful region traversed by the Dolomites is one of Italy’s richest agricultural areas. The idea then came the realization that the union of forces would allow also for small producers to adequately address the market for a profit-making and over the years was characterized by a desire to defend and protect the typical Trentino wines. The first winery was built in 1956 in Trento, Via Verdi no. 10 and in 1960, following the significant increase of members and the amount of grapes conferred, the transfer took place in the headquarters in Via Fermi where manufacturing activity continued until the recent completion in 2009, the new Cantina Sociale of Trento The Sundials Via the Winemakers, on the outskirts of the city surrounded by vineyards. The vineyards are all within the DOC Trentino area and 60% are planted with white grape varieties, with an average vine age of 20 years. The 1339 range of wines, takes its heritage from the date King John of Bohemia presented an eagle to the city of Trento, which subsequently became the symbol of the city.
Straw yellow in colour, fruity on the nose with a scent of pear; on the palate it is dry, full with a balanced acidity.